YouTube is a website where users can publish and watch movies for free. The slogan of YouTube is Broadcast Yourself. The site was created in February 2005 by three employees of PayPal. The site is now owned by Google.
According to an article in The Wall Street Journal in August 2006, the site had 6.1 million videos, which has a total storage capacity of approximately 45 terabytes. Many beginning artists owe their succes to YouTube, the best example of this is Justin Bieber.
You don’t have to login to Youtube to be able to use the website, but if you do, you can add videos to your favorites, create playlits and upload your own videos. If you don’t have an account yet, read our sign up guide to create one.
- To login to Youtube, go to Youtube.com and click the blue Sign in button on the top right corner.
- After that, the following page will appear:
- Simply enter your email address and your password in the required fields and click the Sign in button. This will sign you in Youtube.
You can enjoy Youtube on your phone or your tablet as well. There are apps available for iPhone, iPad and Android. With the Youtube apps you can watch videos but also upload videos that you have captured with your phone.
Youtube iPhone and iPad
- Watch a video while you are searching for another video
- Subscribe to your favorite channels for quick access via the guide
- Log in to access your list ‘Watch Later’ access
- Find playlists and use “Play All” for endless entertainment
- Share videos via Google+, email, Facebook and Twitter
Download the iPhone and iPad app for Youtube via this App Store link.
Youtube Android App
There’s of course an Android app for Youtube as well and it has the same features as the iPhone version. To download Youtube for Android, click this Play Store link.
Don’t have an Youtube account yet? Read our Youtube sign up guide to get started.