Detailed instructions for Yammer Login. Yammer is a microblogging web service launched in September 2008. Users can posts sites, follow post updates of others, tag subjects, and more. Yammer focuses on businesses. Yammer was acquired by Microsoft in June 2012.
There are two ways to join a Yammer network:
- Only people with the same e-mail domain can join a particular network.
- Specific people may be invited from the network people to join the network.
Yammer launched on September 8, 2008 at the TechCrunch50 conference by David Sacks (founder of the genealogy site Geni) as a corporate version of Twitter. With Twitter you get asked the question: “What are you doing?” while Yammer asks: “What are you working on?”. The developers of Geni made Yammer for internal purposes of their own company, but Sacks liked it so much that he decided to make a spin-off as its own company.
The goal is that employees can share their status via post updates with each other. That status can be, for example, the status of a work project. You can post updates about what you’re doing. You can post news, ask questions and get answers about and from people in the company.
Sign in instructions for Yammer
To sign in on your Yammer account, you need to have a username (email) and a password. We also recommend using a modern browser like Chrome or the latest version of Firefox.
The log in instructions for Yammer are as follows:
- Open your browser and go to Yammer.com.
- There should be a login link in the top right corner. Click on it to continue.
- On the login page of Yammer, enter your corporate email-address and your password and click on the Log in button to sign in on your account.
Reset your password
If you can’t access your account, try resetting your password. This fixes the login issues most of the time. To reset your Yammer password, go to the login page and click on the Forgot password? link. Now enter your corporate email and click on Submit. You should receive an email with further instructions to recover your account.