Instructions for WordPress login. WordPress is free blog software which is published under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). WordPress was developed by Matthew Mullenweg, but it is supported by a large group of developers. Many blogs and websites are powered by WordPress. This guide will teach you how you can login on your blog that is self-hosted or on your blog on WordPress.com.
WordPress login on self hosted websites
You can download and install WordPress on your own hosting and start blogging. A big advantage of this is that it gives you more control over what you can do with your blog. For example, a self hosted WordPress installation allows you to customize the looks with thousands of themes and extend the functionality with free (and paid) plugins. This website is also powered by WordPress and many plugins to deliver the best experience to our users.
You can login on WordPress by following the steps below.
- Go to your website url followed by /wp-admin (e.g. website.com/wp-admin)
- You should now see the following screen:
- This is where you enter your username and your password. You should have received this from the website admin or you have entered it yourself during WordPress setup.
- Click the “Log in” button to sign in on your website.
WordPress.com login instructions
You can create a blog on wordpress.com and use that for blogging. You can learn more about creating a wordpress.com account on our sign up guide. To sign in on your WordPress account, follow the instructions below.
- First open your browser and go to www.wordpress.com.
- Click the “Sign in” button in the top right corner.
- You will be brought to the following login page.
- Enter here now your Email or Username and your Password.
- Click the “Log in” button to access your account.
Can’t sign in on your WordPress.com account? Try resetting your password. To do this, click the Lost your password? on the login page. Now enter your Username or E-mail in the field and click the “Get new password” button to request a new password.
|Password recovery page||Visit|
|iPhone app||Download on the App Store|
|iPad app||Download on the App Store|
|Android app||Download on the App Store|
WordPress is a free software to manage the content of a website (texts and images). It is particularly useful for building and maintaining a weblog, since it can assign every post one or more categories and automatically generate the corresponding navigation elements. In parallel, WordPress also manages hierarchical pages and allows use as a content management system.
WordPress is based on the PHP scripting language (at least PHP 5.2.4) and requires a MySQL database (at least MySQL 5.0.15). It is free software, licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPLv2). According to the developers, the system places special emphasis on web standards, elegance, ease of use and easy adjustability. WordPress was created based on the software b2 and has a steadily growing user and developer community.