Instructions for Steam login. Steam is the distribution and verification platform from Valve Software Corporation, producer of the Half-Life series computer games. The first version of Steam was released on September 12, 2003, with the original purpose of disseminating simplify updates to Counter-Strike. There are currently over 100 million registered users, and there are more than 3700 games available on the platform. Follow this instructions to sign in on your Steam account.
Steam login – Sign in on Steam app
Steam is a free gaming distribution platform for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. You can download the client for free and start gaming on your computer. Registering an account is free and games can be purchased and added to your library. Start by downloading the client from store.steampowered.com. Click the green “Install Steam” button in the top menu to start the download. Once you’re done downloading, start the app. Click the “Create a new account” button and follow the steps and provide the necessary information.
Already have a Steam account? Follow the instructions below to sign in on your account.
- First go to store.steampowered.com and download the Steam client on your computer.
- After the installation, you will be greeted with the following screen.
- Now enter your Account name and your Passwordand click the “Login” button.
- Steam might send a security code to your email-address which you have to enter on the following screen. This happens if this is the first time that you sign in from a computer.
Steam reset password
Can’t sign in on your account? You can reset your password if you have trouble signing in on your account. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click the “Retrieve a lost account” button on the login screen.
- Next, choose I know my Account name.
- On the following screen, enter your Account name and click on “Next”.
- You will now receive an email with a security code, enter this code in the following screen.
- Now just enter a new password and click “Next” to finish resetting your password.
|Password recovery page||in app only|
|iPhone app||Download on the App Store|
|iPad app||Download on the App Store|
|Android app||Download on the Play Store|
Steam is an sales platform for computer games and software and is developed and run by Valve Corporation. It lists according to the manufacturer over 100 million active user accounts (2014).
The system allows both the online distribution, maintenance (patching) and monitoring (DRM) of the Games and the communication between the players, the formation of communities and the provision of publicly viewable player profiles. It was published on 12 September 2003 for Windows. Valve’s games like Half-Life or Counter-Strike, have since been published exclusively on Steam. Since October 2005, you can also purchase an increasing number of third-party games on the system.
Since October 2012, software via Steam is sold next games. To use purchased or free games and software platform, the Steam client is required, which can be downloaded as freeware under a proprietary license from the official site. However, the Steam Community and the Steam Store can also be used with a conventional browser.
Since May 2010 Steam also supports Mac OS X and since march 2012.