Apple Music lets you choose a nickname. This name appears in comments and playlists. In this tip you can read how to set up such a nickname.
Nicknames in Apple Music
Apple Music lets you use nicknames, which will appear in reactions such as Apple Music Connect. If you’re quick, you can still claim your short nickname. This is done most easily on the desktop:
- Open iTunes 12.2 on the desktop and log in using your iTunes account.
- Touch the profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Please enter your desired nickname. This name has the Twitter format with an @ – sign.
- Save and your nickname is claimed!
- You can then use this nickname when you respond to Apple Music Connect, the social network for artists.
Set an Apple Music nickname on the iPhone
You can also set the nickname via the Music app:
- Open the Music app in iOS 8.4 and higher.
- Tap the profile icon left.
- Tap your name. You now have the opportunity to set the desired nickname.