If you use a lot of free software then you will notice that there are often other programs automatically installed or, for example, changes are made in the web browser. Unchecky is a free program that knows how to avoid this in many cases. This will help you keep your computer clean from unwanted software.
Are you fed up with all the extra toolbars and programs on your PC where you never asked for? This additional software, toolbars, another homepage in your browser or another default search engine is often the business model of the developer of free software.
Avoid Junkware with Unchecky
In almost cases, during installation, the installer asks if you want to install the additional software, but these options are checked by default. If you do not want to install additional software, you should first read the question and remove the checkmark. In practice, the majority of people do not do this. The developers of Unchecky have found a solution for this. They offer the program Unchecky that, as the name suggests, unchecks all the unrelated extra downloads or changes automatically done in your browser. This ensures that you do not accidentally install anything. Moreover, Unchecky gives a very clear warning when a program is still secretly trying to install it. At that moment, a window opens with the text: “You are about to install a Potentially Unwanted Program Are you sure you want to proceed.?”
See also: Remove unwanted software with AdwCleaner
Unchecky is an ideal program if you have a lot of free software to install and do not want to worry about additional programs and toolbars that are secretly installed together. It is also an ideal program to install on friends or relatives computers who do not have much knowledge of computers. With Unchecky, they are automatically protected against flooding of the computer with unwanted programs.
Unchecky has the following characteristics:
- prevents installing of toolbars and software bundles,
- checkmarks to automatically remove software bundles,
- prevents changes to the browser,
- warns when a program is secretly trying to install additional software,
- only available for Windows operating systems.
Download for Windows (Free)
Howto download and install Unchecky
To download and install Unchecky, please follow these instructions:
- First click go to the official page and download Unchecky: www.unchecky.com.Click the orange “Download” button to start the download.
- Click the orange “Download” button to start the download.
- Now double-click the downloaded file “unchecky_setup.exe” to start the installation.
- Choose your language and click the “Install” button to start the installation.That’s it! Click the “Finish” button to complete the installation. The program will run in the background and warn you of suspicious activity when it occurs.
- That’s it! Click the “Finish” button to complete the installation. The program will run in the background and warn you of suspicious activity when it occurs.
See Unchecky in action