WhatsApp Web lets you chat on a Mac or PC, but also makes it possible to use WhatsApp on your iPad. We’ll show you how this convenient feature works.
WhatsApp on iPad: how it works
With the rollout of WhatsApp Web for iPhone users, the chat app is now usable on your computer, but an iPad version is still missing. And it probably won’t see the daylight since WhatsApp does not work without your cell phone. However, there is a way to use WhatsApp on the iPad, simply by making use of WhatsApp Web. In the steps below, we explain how it works.
- Open Safari on your iPad and go to https://web.whatsapp.com/
- Now tap the address bar at the top and wipe down
- Two options will appear in the space below the address bar. Press “Request desktop site” to load the entire website
- Then a QR-code appears. Tap on WhatsApp on Settings > WhatsApp Web and scan the code
- You are logged in and can use WhatsApp on your iPad.
That was it! It is now possible to use Whatsapp on your iPad and continue with the conversations that you started on your iPhone. It is important to make sure that both your iPad and iPhone do not go offline during use; otherwise the web version will not work.
WhatsApp Web iOS 9
If you are already using iOS 9, then querying the desktop site works in a different way. When you are on the Web page of WhatsApp, you have to tap at on the share button, swipe to the right, and then choose ‘Request desktop site”.