Always wanted to create your own website but never had the chance to do so? Then read this guide to learn how to setup a website in just a few minutes with WordPress and Bluehost.com. If you don’t know what WordPress is; it’s basically a simple but powerful Content Management System (CMS) that allows you to create and manage your website.
Register your domain on Bluehost.com
To get started, you need a domain name and a hosting service to setup your website. The domain name is the name of your website, e.g Google.com or Facebook.com. In this example, we will use the name www.wordpresswebsitetutorial.com. Another term that we will use is Hosting. Hosting means that your website needs to be served to your visitors from a computer. This service will also be provided to us by Bluehost.com.
So, to get started, let’s register our domain on bluehost.com. To do this, follow the steps below.
- First open your browser and go to Bluehost.com and click the “Get Started Now button”.
- Next, choose the package you wish to use for your website. You can choose between Starter, Plus, and Business Pro. We choose for the most popular package, the Plus package.
- If you don’t have a domain name yet, then enter the name of the domain you wish to register on the left box without the extension (.com), in our case it’s “wordpresswebsitetutorial”. If you already have a domain that you wish to transfer to Bluehost, then enter your domain name with the extension in the right box.
- For this tutorial, we will continue with a new domain name.
- Once you enter your domain name and click on “Next”, you will be asked to enter your details to sign up your account. You will also see at the top that your domain name is available for registration. See screenshot below.
- Don’t forgot to enter the requested information on every field. We choose for the 36 month package for $6,95/mo but you can change that if you want to. We also included Domain Privacy Protection and Site Backup (highly recommended).
- Finally, enter your Billing information at the bottom of the page and click the “Next” button to finish signing up.
- Follow further instructions to finish signing up for an account
Install WordPress with the Control Panel
Now that you have a domain and an account on Bluehost, it’s time to install WordPress on your website. To do this, follow the steps below.
- First go to Bluehost.com and click the “Login” link in the top right corner.
- Now enter your Domain or Username and your Password and click the “Submit” button.
- You should now be in the Bluehost control panel. If not, just click the “Control Panel” button from the menu.
- Now look for the “One-Click Installs” icon and click on it to continue.
- Now on the Marketplace, click the “WordPress” button to start the installation.
- Next, click on the green “Install” button.
- Now choose the domain where you wish to install WordPress on. If you only have one domain, then it should be selected by default. After that, click the “Check domain” button.
- Now you can show the advanced options to change the site name, admin username and password or you can leave it default. Agree with the Terms and Conditions and click on “Install Now” to start the installation of WordPress.
- Now wait for the installation to finish. You can view the progress on top of the page.
- Once the installation is done, view the login information to learn how to access your website and Wodrpress admin.
- That’s it. If you followed every step of this tutorial, then you have successfully registered a domain and installed wordpress on it. Good job!.
If you would like to extend your WordPress installation with more functionality, then visit the WordPress Plugins page to download free plugins. You can also download free themes to custimize the look of your WordPress website.
Important pages for Bluehost.com
|Password recovery page||Visit|