Protect your iPhone or iPad with a screen protector so that it keeps its value longer. In this article, you read what a screen protector is intended for and how it can best be applied.
What is a screen protector?
A screen protector is, in fact, a layer of plastic film, which can stick on the screen. They are always tailored to your type of smartphone. Watch out for a cheap protective film that the openings for the microphone, and camera flash are in the right place.
Screen protectors are for sale at the various stores. Major brands are Belkin, Tech21, 3M, Muvit, and Zagg invisibleSHIELD.
Why a screen protector?
The protective film has several functions:
- It prevents scratching your device screen.
- It can prevent glass breakage when your device falls to the ground.
- Matt screen protectors make the screen less reflect.
- Some screen protectors ensure that others can not watch on your screen.
What screen protectors are there?
In general, protective films are designed to avoid scratching the screen. But there are also products with special functions. Roughly speaking, there are two variants: virtually invisible screen protectors with a shiny surface and matte screen protectors intended to reflect as less as possible. Here you can often see the term “anti-glare” and “anti-reflective” while the term ‘invisible’ and ‘clear’ are used for invisible screen protectors.
Which one you choose depends on your personal preference. Are you often in bright sunshine, then a non-reflective protective film is more comfortable for your eyes. But under normal lighting conditions, the screen is less bright because the backlight is filtered by the film.
In addition, there are screen protectors of glass. These are made of tempered glass and provide additional drop and shock protection. Because these Screen protectors are quite rigid, the chance of air bubbles is minimal.
Benefits of a screen protector
A screen protector has many advantages. These are the two most important:
- Fewer scratches, making your device better maintains its value. This may be important if want to sell your device over time.
- Easier to read screen, through reduced reflection. You have to do a matte one.
Alternatives to a screen protector
Do you want to properly protect your phone or tablet, but you do not want a screen protector, there are basically two alternatives:
A cover which completely encloses the phone or tablet, especially cases that as a booklet close your phone. The downside is that the screen is unprotected when the book is opened.
Special sprays applying a protective layer on your screen. Some you apply with a spray can, others by a damp cloth over the screen. These offer less protection than a screen protector. However, they sometimes have additional features, such as shedding of bacteria.
Apple a Screen Protector
You apply the sticker as follows on your phone or tablet:
- Make sure you are in a dust-free area. This will prevent dust and dirt from entering under the sticker. A humid bathroom is the most ideal; it’s okay if the screen protector becomes wet.
- Clean the screen of the phone or tablet with a mild detergent so that fingerprints and other oiliness of the screen disappears.
- Clean the screen dry with a soft, lint-free cloth. Microfiber cloths are very suitable for this purpose. Sometimes you get a cleaning cloth included with the screen protector.
- If liquid from the screen protector is provided, then you spray it out in a thin layer on the screen. If not, you can skip ahead to the next step.
- Apply the sticker gently on the phone or tablet. For example, try to start and stick slowly to the bottom. Make sure the label is exactly in the middle and that the cutouts are aligned for buttons.
- Wipe away any air bubbles with your finger or a debit card. You can already do this when you attach the sticker.
Removing a Screen Protector, is it possible?
Do you want to remove the screen protector, then that works almost always without leaving any residue. Most screen protectors come clean off the screen. Some specimens can rinse under the tap and then used again. The result is, therefore, becoming a little less.