Instructions for Find My iPhone Login. Find My iPhone, also called, Find My iPod, Find my iPad and Find My Mac, depending on the device that you are using, is a service developed by Apple. With the application it is possible to find your lost or stolen Apple product, provided it is connected with iCloud and have an Internet connection and that the service is activated. If the device does not have an Internet connection, the last known location is displayed.
These instructions will guide you through the process of signing in on your Find My iPhone account.
Find My iPhone login – Find your lost device
As we said before, you need to have an internet connection on your device in order to locate it. The device must also be turned on. Also make sure that your device is up to date with the latest version of iOS (or OSX if you use a Macbook). You also need to create an iCloud account if you don’t have one already. If you meet these requirements, then please read the instructions below to sign in and enable the “Find My iPhone” service.
Enable Find My iPhone
- To enable the service, open the settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Tap on the “iCloud” button from the list.
- Enter your Email-address (Apple ID) and your Password in this screen and tap on “Log in”.
- After a successful sign in, you should see a list of services that have access to your iCloud account.
- One of these services is “Find My iPhone”. Tap on this to open the settings screen.
- Turn on both options to enable your device for “Find My iPhone”.
Find My iPhone login
Now that you have turned on “Find My iPhone” on your device, it’s time to learn how to sign in to locate your device. You can use the Find My iPhone app or use iCloud.com to login. For this tutorial, we will use the website.
- Start by opening your browser and going to www.icloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and your Password in the login field that you see.
- Once you’re signed in, click the “Find My iPhone” icon. Even though the name would suggest otherwise, this is also the icon that you must click if you want to locate your iPod, iPad, or Mac.
- You will see a map with your devices and their last known locations and status. From here you can Play sound on your device, erase it, or enter the lost mode.
Read our iCloud sign up guide to get started if you don’t have an account already.
|Registration page||Same as the homepage|
|Login page||Same as the homepage|
|Password recovery page||Visit|
|iPhone app||Download on the App Store|
|iPad app||Download on the App Store|
About Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is available for iOS 5 or later and OS X 10.7.5 “Lion” or higher, and requires an iCloud account. The application in iOS is not built into the operating system, application Find My iPhone can be downloaded for free in the App Store. See link above.
Find My iPhone was first introduced as an application in June 2010 for users of MobileMe. In November 2010 with the release of iOS 4.2, Find My iPhone was freely for some iOS devices. Since the release of iCloud in October 2011, Find My iPhone is free to use for all iCloud users.