Welcome to the detailed instructions for Facebook Login. Facebook is a social network that is operated by the same American company Facebook Inc.. The name refers to the so-called Face Books with pictures of students, which are distributed to many US colleges. Facebook is the most popular social network in the world.
Sign in on your Facebook profile
To login on your Facebook profile, you need to follow a few simple steps. Most of the time Facebook will remember your log in information so you don’t have to sign in everytime you visit Facebook.com. Please follow the following instructions to access your profile:
- Make sure that you are running the latest version of your browser.
- Go to Facebook.com with your browser.
- In the top right menu of your screen, you should see a login form that looks like this:
- Now all you have to do is enter your email or phone and your password and click on Log in.
- This should log you in on Facebook.
Reset your Facebook password
If you experience difficulties accessing your Facebook account, try resetting your password. This could solve the problem. You can reset your Facebook password as follows:
- On the homepage of Facebook, click on Forgot your password? button.
- This will bring you to the account recovery page.
- You should see a for where you can enter your name, email, phone, or full name to recover your Facebook account.
- Enter one of the above information and click on the blue search button.
- If Facebook can find your account with the provided information, then it will give you a couple of options to recover your password. This can differ per person depending on how you have registered and which information you have provided.
- Choose the best option for you and follow the instructions to gain access to your Facebook profile.
Facebook is a social networking site created by Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverinby, Chris Hughes and Dustin Moskovitz. Originally a site for students at Harvard University, now open to anyone with an email account.
Sign up on Facebook
If you don’t have a Facebook account yet, read our sign up guide to create one for free.
Facebook has over 900 million members, and translations into 70 languages. In January 2013, Facebook reached 1230 million users, of which over 600 million are mobile users. Brazil, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States are the countries with the most users.
Its main infrastructure consists of a network of over 50,000 servers using distributions of GNU / Linux operating system using LAMP.
The main criticism of the social network and the company have always focused on the alleged lack of privacy for its millions of users. These criticisms were increased in 2013, when it was discovered that the NSA and other US intelligence agencies monitor the profiles of millions of users and their relationships with friends.
On April 9 2012 Facebook announced that it acquired Instagram for one billion dollars.